Saturday 23 June 2012

A great but exhausting day

Firstly can I say I am so jet lagged and tired that I have not checked this post for mistakes and am really too tired to arrange all the photos to fit around the text properly.  I am so so so tired.

I arrived at the airport at about 5.30am.  I wanted to be the 1st on standby to check in.  The lovely lady told me though that the time you arrive does not mean the order of standby.  She said the flights were all full but there were 8 flights today so I should get onto one of them.

I waited at the gate and got chatting to the other people who arrived also on standby.  6 of us in total.  The plane only holds about 25 people and we were told it was full full full and we would probably not get on.

We discovered a few of us were all going to Bethel School of Worship and another lady said she went to the church so we decided to pray for our tickets.  We prayed - like in the terminal - in front of all the other passengers.   And..... We all got on the flight.  PRAISE GOD!

The flight was amazing.  Much better than the huge plane.  It was like gliding and the views were stunning.  It was a tiny plane though:




I arrived at Redding to find they were doing building work on their little terminal.  So this was baggage reclaim....  a small tent in the car park.



I then got picked up by my host who then took me around walmart at some speed to choose food for the week.  I was jet lagged and considering the pace we went round I am so pleased I have things that might go together.

So this is my new home:  Huge.  It even has a veranda with rocking chairs
 













 Then home and making the dinner.  It is a real luxury to cook in such a big kitchen on a huge cooker.  One of my room mates thought I should have a photo of that.











 After I unpacked a few of us went for a walk up the hill to see Bethel Church.  It is a huge hill... but a lovely walk after being cooped up on areoplanes so long.


We spent an hour in the 24/7 prayer room and it was amzing to take in the views whilst praying and flag waving and stuff.  Beutiful.


So now it is 9.10pm local time, 5.10am UK time and I have been up for 19 hours so I am heading to bed.  Tomorrow is my first church service... and hopefully a trip to the International House of Pancakes....

No comments:

Post a Comment