Tuesday 17 July 2012

Loving this book

I am reading this book by Kris Vallotton... and it is amazing!!!!!!  I am dyslexic and have never been much of a book reader, but I am struggling to put this one down.

I am so excited about this book...  it paints very clearly the difference between the devil and God, how God has all the power and the devil has very little really.

So far things that have jumped out at me are:
  • Both God and the devil can lead you into a wilderness place (the Holy Spirit led Jesus there for 40 days after his baptism).  But, we have 2 choices when we are in the wilderness - we can accept the taunts and lies of the devil - or we can believe in God's truth.  They have very different outcomes.  
  • The devil cannot do anything to us - his only way into our lives is through what he says top us and whether we accept it.  For instance, he cannot make me worthless - God made me and I am loved and cherished - what he can do is tell me I am worthless... and if I accept it I will become what I believe.  If however I reject it and say that my daddy does not say that about me - the devil has nowhere else to go. 
  • The devil plants seeds in our thoughts and they are categorised  5 ways.  When we begin the recognise the 5 ways we will be able to reject them more easily (I have added the examples):
  1.  attack of your personal character.  "you are feeble"
  2. question your motives "are you doing this for God, or for your own personal recognition?"
  3. instills doubt in your relationship with God "God doesn't love you when you sin"
  4. tells you that you do not have the ability to accomplish a mission "you are not good enough to lead people in worship"
  5. attacks the quality of our work "what you make is rubbish and no-one will want it"

I have loads more still to read...  But I am now seeing my life in a whole different light!

No comments:

Post a Comment