Sunday 15 July 2012

1st Sunday Home

Today I led worship.  It was my first Sunday back and to be honest I was worried that God would not show up. 

I have struggled this week.  I have missed the community at Bethel, and missed having nothing else to do other than spend time learning about God and dwelling in his presence.  I have come straight back into looking after 4 children and running around trying to get lots done.  I have also felt rough this week with the jet-lag and remainders of my funny sicky turn on the airplane. 

I prayed about what God wanted to do in our service this week... and felt He just wanted people to know how much He loves them and wants them to sit in His presence.  I started with songs about God's love, and then moved into songs about being in His presence.  I felt apprehensive before I started...  What if God did not show up and all I had were songs about being still in His presence.  I thought people might fall asleep and start yawning. 

However, God did show up and we did dwell in his presence.  I stepped out and sang a spontaneous song over the people.  It was along the lines of  "I see you, and I know you, because I made you.  I know every part of you, there is no darkness my light cannot shine in,  I see every part of you and I love you, because I made you.  And what I make is good.  What I make is so good, and I made you.  There is no part of your body I cannot heal, because I made you and you are mine."

I have never done that before, but I could feel God's anointing on me as I sang.  My voice sounded different....  better (which is a good thing!).  So, I took a risk and God showed up.  He just loves it when we step out for Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment