Sunday 1 July 2012

Lassen Volcano

Today is Sunday.  We decided to take a trip to see Lassen Volcano (about an hour from Redding).  We decided to go early so that we would be back in time for church.


It was so amazing to see.   I have never been to a volcano.. and it was beautiful!  As we got higher we got colder and colder.  There was loads of snow on the summit.  It was so beautiful to see California on all sides.

 


















I also had my first 'pancake on a stick'.  It was like a corn dog with syrup and it was amazing.



I even saw a real live chipmonk




Tonight we went to church.  To be honest I just wanted to be asleep.  I tried so hard to concentrate but I was dead to the world.  Then, at the end of worship suddenly the atmosphere shifted:  Gold dust started to flicker in the air.  Not just flicker but some of it was shooting from side to side.  I tried to capture it on my camera and you can see it flickering. 



Then the whole church broke out in spontaneous worship.  No band just our voices.  As we sang we heard angels singing with us.  It was awesome.  The worship and gold went on and on for so long.  It was amazing and woke me from my sleep and misery.


No comments:

Post a Comment