Saturday 21 July 2012

My new hunger

I have changed in so many ways since I went to Bethel.  I am spending much more time with God, worshipping, reading his word, reading great books about Him .... and still feel more hungry for Him than ever.

I have bought myself a cheap smartphone... mostly so that I can use it to help record songs, and take photos for my blog.  But I have also downloaded the app 'The Holy Bible by You Vision".  It is so awesome.  You can use it as a bible, but also you can sign up for a reading plan.  I have gone for the 'eat your bible in a year' plan.  I love the fact that when you load it up it simply takes you to the next reading.  You can also listen to it... so I listen and read at the same time.  The man reading the bible gets very excited and dramatic (the story of all the people dying in the time of Noah was particularly powerful).

http://www.youversion.com/en-GB/bible/gen.6.niv

When I was at Bethel School of Worship I was really captivated by a song a lady sung in the 'review your song' class.  It was called dry bones and was all about God breathing on dry bones to bring back life.  I sang it all week and finally found her to ask her to sing it for me again.  She gave me a CD instead with 5 songs on.  The album is called 'Abide'.  It is so so awesome.  I just  love it and have played it over and over.  A great album for cooking the dinner to, for soaking with, for lifting your soul.  Love it Love it Love it.  Check it out:

http://www.myspace.com/andrewrachelharrison


1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdqRc0z1GqY
    Jennie, this is the song I keep mentioning to you - its along the lines of the song you mention here.

    Jx

    ReplyDelete