Monday 9 July 2012

I am Home

Just thought I had better update that I did get home after all.  Not without a bit of drama though...

After such an exhausting day trying to get to San Francisco airport and then waiting to catch the next flight... added to the free chocolate fudge cake that sat heavily on my stomach, and the rubbish seat I got on the flight (at the back with the toilets behind...  my seat would not lean back and the woman in front put hers right back in my face), and the fact that I am prone to travel sickness....  I got really sick.  Yes I felt so bad that the steward kept moving me from seat to seat to try and help.  In the end I felt so sick I passed out.  I don't know how long I was out but I awoke to being surrounded by stewards and being given oxygen.  The oxygen was a massive help (why did they not give this before I passed out?)... and when I was awake enough to move they put me in business class in a bed. The British Airways stewards were amazing.  I cannot thank them enough.

I have always wanted to travel 1st class... but would have liked to have been well enough to enjoy it.  They brought me breakfast on a tray, with real plates, cutlery and a beautiful napkin.  There was fanned out fresh fruit, croissants, muffins and bacon rolls.  I however pushed the tray away...  I could not eat.  Gutted. 

When we landed I was still really unsteady and felt like death.  They called for a porter and I bypassed all the customs queues in a wheelchair.  I didn't even have to collect my own bags.  Poor John was expecting me home hours and hours earlier and all I could do when I got home was leave him to the kids while I went to bed.

Oh well... I am really proud of myself for getting home.  I had appalling travel but still did it.  :)

Now I am fighting Jetlag.

No comments:

Post a Comment