Tuesday 3 July 2012

Day 7 Bethel School of Worship


Today the worship was not loud and showy, it was an acoustic set and I really enjoyed it.  I danced at the back .  I am not so miserable today: which is great as I have felt very homesick.  I know now that it is Tuesday and it is all down hill to Sat when I begin to travel home.  

I still feel a bit stiff today after my bendy dance class. I have decided not to go to tonight’s technical class, I am just going to stick to dancing at the back.  God doesn’t mind if I’m technically not brilliant – he just cares about my heart. 

Jenn  Johnson then gave another testimony from her life.  She was talking about how we need to be accountable to other people.  We need to have a couple we can be accountable to in our marriage – so that the devil can not get a foothold.  

Next I went to a talk called ‘leading out of fullness’ with Christa Black Gifford.  It was so so very good.  She is brutally honest about her life, and in her vulnerability you see God move in power. 


 Her main points were:
  • Your perception of God is your reality.  If You think God abandoned you, you will feel abandoned.
  • We don’t need to ask God to come and fill us… He is already in us.  We need to ask Him to make us more aware of Him in us. 
  • We can never be empty because God is always in side of us. 
  • Christ did not die for me…. He died AS ME.  Like with my sin.  Because He died as me, there is no sin or addiction too big that he could not take it with him to the grave. 
  • There are things that are true, but these are different to the truth.  eg.  It is true that you need money, but the truth is that God can provide outside of earthly parameters.   We live on the earth, but we can still live by the truth.
  • What we see will come to pass.  So if we fix our eyes on earthly parameters we will be stunted.  But if we set our eyes on heaven and His kingdom we will see greater things come to pass.
  • She said we should fight FROM victory, and not towards it.
  • Instead of giving out of a lack, we should sit under the waterfall of God’s love and give out of fullness.
  • How do we get free from addiction?  We need to be loved into wholeness.  Do not look at your sin, or spend time fixating on it – just look at God and let Him love you. You will find yourself getting free out of love rather than striving.
  • Ask God to show me how much He loves me.  What does he say about me?  What scripture does he have to describe me?
  • Ask God to show me 5 things I think about Him or me that are not true.
Then I went to a piano class.  I was so surprised to see that he was teaching to play piano like I play it.  I thought I would learn loads – but felt like God was say “see I have already equipped you.  Be confident in what you can already do.  Stop calling yourself a beginner”.  I have had loads of compliments about the way I have played in the classes I have played in.  I thought they were being nice.  I think God is just out to encourage me here. 

 










Tonight I am going to a songwriting class.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment