Thursday 27 December 2012

It has been 11 days since my husband's accident with a chop saw which nearly cut off much of his hand and thumb.  Not for the faint hearted but here is a quick peak we took when they removed his cast to redress the wound.  You can see how much he nearly lost.  We are very thankful to all the staff who helped John to save his hand.





Everyday he is a little more awake than the day before, but his hand is now so sore and swollen he is struggling to wear the splint to immobilise his hand.  I have done all I can to make it more comfortable.  Today we woke to find his bandage soaked with gunk, so we will need to see the Dr in the morning to make sure it is ok.  I redressed it for him, but I think it needs a professional opinion.  We knew the road to recovery would be hard, but  I guess I never thought it would be this hard.  He is very frustrated at how little he can do and I am so tried from looking after all the children.  I am struggling to see the wood for the trees at the moment.  I am still feeling rough from my stint in hospital last month with Omental Infaract, and I am now having to not only pick up my mummy jobs but all the daddy jobs too.  We are not sleeping so last night we put on a Jesus Culture CD and fell asleep listening to it.  I actually slept until 5am which was a miracle these days.  In fact we have been trying to soak in worship music whenever we can. 

God is on his throne and we know he uses all situations for good, but we are struggling.    This was on facebook today and it did sum up a bit of how I am feeling:




No comments:

Post a Comment